Worst "Favorite Movies" Ever

All movie talk goes in here, whether it's a raving review or a ranting tirade. Basically, anything about movies.
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

Re: Worst "Favorite Movies" Ever

#101 Post by » 06 Oct 2009, 22:22

Steel Frog wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
Chris wrote:No, he's still a schmuck. George of the Jungle is not funnier than Blazing Saddles.
Nor is that line from GotJ the funniest line in any movie, ever. Not by a long shot.
Nor was the Bean scene the funniest scene in Saddles.
He's still a schmuck.
:green:

I'm still trying to get over the "comic genius" of White Chicks.
You think that's bad, try getting over Macho Grande
The :) means it's all ok.

JP
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#102 Post by JP » 06 Oct 2009, 23:15

A² wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
Chris wrote:No, he's still a schmuck. George of the Jungle is not funnier than Blazing Saddles.
Nor is that line from GotJ the funniest line in any movie, ever. Not by a long shot.
He's still a schmuck.

Until we get in to discussing the real genius of Tyler Perry's efforts, I'll continue to remain absent....

alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

#103 Post by alan smithee » 07 Oct 2009, 00:28

A² wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
He's still a schmuck.

No, I don't think I'll ever get over Macho Grande.
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

Ruddy016
Lead Actor
Lead Actor

#104 Post by Ruddy016 » 07 Oct 2009, 04:51

I'm still trying to get over the "comic genius" of White Chicks.[/quote]
You think that's bad, try getting over Macho Grande[/quote]
No, I don't think I'll ever get over Macho Grande.[/quote]

:lol:
Gunga Na Gunga

Ruddy016
Lead Actor
Lead Actor

#105 Post by Ruddy016 » 07 Oct 2009, 05:00

Steel Frog wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
He's still a schmuck.

:green: White Chicks may be terrible but it has nothing on Norbit.

The funniest scene in BZ has to be the town meeting with Gabby Johnson's authentic frontier gibberish. Reveritt!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gunga Na Gunga

Chris
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#106 Post by Chris » 07 Oct 2009, 11:28

Ruddy016 wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
He's still a schmuck.

:green: White Chicks may be terrible but it has nothing on Norbit.

The funniest scene in BZ has to be the town meeting with Gabby Johnson's authentic frontier gibberish. Reveritt!
Now who can argue with that?

Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

#107 Post by Steel Frog » 07 Oct 2009, 18:40

Ruddy016 wrote::green: White Chicks may be terrible but it has nothing on Norbit.
I dunno; while Norbit was indeed awful, I found this Eddie Murphy creation funny:

(the guy on the left)

White Chicks had, for me, exactly one winning joke -- the Vanessa Carlton sing-along. It's essentially a poor man's rehash of the Wilson Phillips moment in Harold and Kumar and White Chicks did it twice for good measure. Yuck. The rest of the film made me sick.

LordRandall
Hollywood Hopeful
Hollywood Hopeful

#108 Post by LordRandall » 08 Oct 2009, 21:36

alan smithee wrote:
A² wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
He's still a schmuck.

No, I don't think I'll ever get over Macho Grande.
Those wounds run pretty deep.
-"Who are you, how did you get in here?!"
--"I'm a locksmith, and I'm a locksmith."

TK421
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Re: Re:

#109 Post by TK421 » 21 Apr 2011, 10:17

TK421 wrote:
TK421 wrote:
TK421 wrote:Dear Lord!!!

A coworker just put this one out...

To clarify, he did not specifically say this was his favorite movie. He said that this movie contains the funniest line of any movie ever...

"Don't worry. Nobody dies in this story. They just get really big boo-boos."

WTF?
I repeat...
WTF?

The same guy just expressed to me his love of the movie White Chicks and all of the comic genius within it.

I especially enjoyed his statement that the lactose intolerance scene rivaled, if not surpassed, the beans scene from Blazing Saddles, which, by the way, is, in his opinion, the funniest scene in BZ*...so much so that one day in the lunch room I witnessed him describing said scene in full detail, with sound effects, to our female VP of HR as she was trying to eat.
{snip}
* - To all of the bean scene fans, I apologize, but while I can appreciate the scene, it is not, imo, even in the top ten funniest scenes of that movie.
I hate to keep bringing this up, but...

I read the imdb trivia on Blazing Saddles.

Apparently, it was the first movie to use farts (at least according to the filmmakers).

So...I may have to lessen my criticism of my coworker's schmuckiness.

This guy would have been seeing Blazing Saddles when it first came out. It was the invention of the fart joke. I'm sure it was quite groundbreaking for him...adding to the perceived humor. For me, by the time I saw Blazing Saddles, I'd probably seen hundreds of fart jokes on screen.

So, I'm willing to concede a little forgiveness here.
This guy...

I was discussing that thing with the iPhone tracking file they've found with another coworker. George of the Jungle butts in and says that they can do such and such with cell phones. He adds that he knows they can do this because it in a movie once. He then goes on to add that the movie was Paul Blart: Mall Cop.

Frankly I don't recall what it was he said was possible. I don't care. It may even actually be something that can be done. Again, I don't care. What amazes me is that this guy gets his "facts" about the real world from Paul Blart: Mall Cop.

I really wish I didn't work with fucking morons.

Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!

Re: Re:

#110 Post by Batman » 21 Apr 2011, 19:09

TK421 wrote:
TK421 wrote:
TK421 wrote:
TK421 wrote:Dear Lord!!!

A coworker just put this one out...

To clarify, he did not specifically say this was his favorite movie. He said that this movie contains the funniest line of any movie ever...

"Don't worry. Nobody dies in this story. They just get really big boo-boos."

WTF?
I repeat...
WTF?

The same guy just expressed to me his love of the movie White Chicks and all of the comic genius within it.

I especially enjoyed his statement that the lactose intolerance scene rivaled, if not surpassed, the beans scene from Blazing Saddles, which, by the way, is, in his opinion, the funniest scene in BZ*...so much so that one day in the lunch room I witnessed him describing said scene in full detail, with sound effects, to our female VP of HR as she was trying to eat.
{snip}
* - To all of the bean scene fans, I apologize, but while I can appreciate the scene, it is not, imo, even in the top ten funniest scenes of that movie.
I hate to keep bringing this up, but...

I read the imdb trivia on Blazing Saddles.

Apparently, it was the first movie to use farts (at least according to the filmmakers).

So...I may have to lessen my criticism of my coworker's schmuckiness.

This guy would have been seeing Blazing Saddles when it first came out. It was the invention of the fart joke. I'm sure it was quite groundbreaking for him...adding to the perceived humor. For me, by the time I saw Blazing Saddles, I'd probably seen hundreds of fart jokes on screen.

So, I'm willing to concede a little forgiveness here.
This guy...

I was discussing that thing with the iPhone tracking file they've found with another coworker. George of the Jungle butts in and says that they can do such and such with cell phones. He adds that he knows they can do this because it in a movie once. He then goes on to add that the movie was Paul Blart: Mall Cop.

Frankly I don't recall what it was he said was possible. I don't care. It may even actually be something that can be done. Again, I don't care. What amazes me is that this guy gets his "facts" about the real world from Paul Blart: Mall Cop.

I really wish I didn't work with fucking morons.
Good news for your coworker. Apparently there's a movie called Courageous coming out soon.
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."

Dawson
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative

#111 Post by Dawson » 01 May 2011, 06:58

I like 8 legged freaks. I watch it when it's on, and I think its pretty funny. I do have a friend though who thinks Eddie Murphy recent films are his good ones
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.