FilmWise Forums
It is currently 15 Aug 2018, 15:12

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Android Games
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2012, 20:40 
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

We have an iPod Touch / iPhone Games thread, so why not an Android Games thread?

I'll kick it off with my new puzzle-game obsession, quell (and its sequel, quell:reflect). Here's a video about quell:

Download (and more info) links:

quell @ Google Play

quell:reflect @ Google Play

Post subject: Re: Android Games
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2012, 09:16 
Verdana 10pt
Verdana 10pt

As twitchy games go Wind-up Knight had a pretty good learning curve but was deep enough to last a while.

PostPosted: 14 May 2012, 19:27 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

I'm enjoying Alchemy.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2012, 09:20 
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

You Know, for Kids wrote:
If she fits in with your Cappy, then yeah, I'd master both and boost both to max before fusing. If she doesn't then you can still boost her base cards and fuse if you don't have better options. Eventually they will implement a "bazaar" system for moving cards, which will allow a limited form of trading beyond your teammates and alliance, and your Invisible Girl might be tradeable for something that will work better with your Captain America.

I think they pair up pretty nicely. My SSR Cap card significantly intensify def on tactics and my 2 R Invisi Woman cards notably intensify def on tactics cards. They could be a def powerhouse together. I've got 2 of the R Black Widow cards now and they notably intensify attacks and defense on all cards.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2012, 15:41 

Plague, Inc. is really addictive and fun.

You control a disease and choose how to mutate its DNA. You win when no living humans remain on the Earth.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2012, 16:45 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

A² wrote:

You control a disease and choose how to mutate its DNA. You win when no living humans remain on the Earth.

Downloaded. Because my eyes aren't blurry enough from staring into my phone most of the day...

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2012, 12:15 

Hue Brix has a few levels on the web and craploads more on Android (and iOS).

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2012, 15:53 
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks

A² wrote:

Downloaded. Because my eyes aren't blurry enough from staring into my phone most of the day...

Fuck you, A2. :D I can't beat this damn game on normal mode (bacteria). I've come within 1 million survivors many times, but the disease always kills all the infected before I can get everyone infected. Have you been able to?

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2012, 17:59 

bratzks wrote:
A² wrote:

Fuck you, A2. :D I can't beat this damn game on normal mode (bacteria). I've come within 1 million survivors many times, but the disease always kills all the infected before I can get everyone infected. Have you been able to?

Never mind. I won The very next game.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2012, 18:17 

bratzks wrote:
A² wrote:

I got pretty obsessed with it and beat all six pathogens within a few days. The spore was definitely the hardest one for me. My wife has been stuck on bacteria for a week, too, though so it's not just you. I went back and tried bacteria once and failed so maybe I just got lucky the first time.

One strategy I've been using is to go for as widespread infection as possible early. I do everything I can to keep it off of everyone's radar as long as I can. If you get free symptoms, devolve them, especially if they are lethal. The only symptoms I will keep are the ones that help spread like coughing or sneezing. Make sure you make it go across water early into the game so you can spread to those pesky, hard to reach places like the Caribbean, Madagascar, Greenland and New Zealand. Another good trait to get early is the one that makes it resistant to medicine in the wealthy countries. Keep a reserve of some dna points and once you get the notice that every person on the planet has been infected unleash hell and give the bacteria something like total organ failure.

Sometimes it seems like I have spread across the whole planet except for Africa and everyone is feverishly working on a cure. When that happens I make it really lethal for long enough to kill all the Drs in the wealthy countries and then devolve the lethality back out. It takes a long time to do it this way, but Africa is shit at curing the disease by themselves, giving you time to spread to the rest of the continent.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2012, 18:25 

bratzks wrote:
bratzks wrote:
A² wrote:

You posted this while I was writing my ten minute response.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2012, 21:07 

A² wrote:
bratzks wrote:
bratzks wrote:
A² wrote:

That's some good tips though. I also try to stay off the radar and spread as far as I can. I never thought to devolve though. Thanks for that. Yeah, I hate Iceland. Once I killed the entire planet and Iceland was sitting there 100% healthy.

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2012, 17:21 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

bratzks wrote:
A² wrote:
bratzks wrote:
bratzks wrote:
A² wrote:

That's some good tips though. I also try to stay off the radar and spread as far as I can. I never thought to devolve though. Thanks for that. Yeah, I hate Iceland. Once I killed the entire planet and Iceland was sitting there 100% healthy.

That's Greenland for me.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2012, 05:31 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

bratzks wrote:
A² wrote:

I'm still playing this... now trying to beat them all on Brutal. Virus was giving me fits but I finally beat it this morning. 2 down, 5 to go.

The general strategy I've been using is to try to infect everyone before the disease is even noticed, which means devolving any symptoms which mutate and working on transmission. Once everyone has it I add symptoms up to one of the big lethal ones (like Total Organ Failure) and spend the rest on slowing the cure, either with the drug resistance/hardening line, or with symptoms like insanity/coma.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2012, 17:42 

bratzks wrote:
A² wrote:

I'm still playing this... now trying to beat them all on Brutal. Virus was giving me fits but I finally beat it this morning. 2 down, 5 to go.

The general strategy I've been using is to try to infect everyone before the disease is even noticed, which means devolving any symptoms which mutate and working on transmission. Once everyone has it I add symptoms up to one of the big lethal ones (like Total Organ Failure) and spend the rest on slowing the cure, either with the drug resistance/hardening line, or with symptoms like insanity/coma.

That's the same strategy I use. The only times it has failed me is when I don't have enough dna to go lethal one its spread and spotted or when stupid Greenland won't get infected. More than once I've had the whole map red except for them, they close the ports and execute all the sick. I've been playing through a second time on the medium difficulty. I haven't attempted brutal, yet.

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2012, 14:09 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

A² wrote:
That's the same strategy I use. The only times it has failed me is when I don't have enough dna to go lethal one its spread and spotted or when stupid Greenland won't get infected. More than once I've had the whole map red except for them, they close the ports and execute all the sick. I've been playing through a second time on the medium difficulty. I haven't attempted brutal, yet.

If you're patient and don't overspend on transmission items you should be left with plenty of DNA once there are no healthy people left, even on brutal. Virus was tougher because it mutates more and costs DNA to devolve, so I needed to let a few symptoms stay, which meant the disease was found sooner and the race was on.

I just do 2x air and 2x water then the extra bio-aerosol or whatever, and that's it for transmission.

I start the disease in a hot country, so I spend on 1 or 2 cold resistance, and 1 drug resistance, and then I pretty much sit tight waiting for everyone to become infected and devolving any mutated symptoms immediately, unless it's coughing which seems to have no severity increase and helps transmission.

Brutal hasn't been too much more difficult than medium.

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2012, 14:33 

A² wrote:

If you're patient and don't overspend on transmission items you should be left with plenty of DNA once there are no healthy people left, even on brutal. Virus was tougher because it mutates more and costs DNA to devolve, so I needed to let a few symptoms stay, which meant the disease was found sooner and the race was on.

I just do 2x air and 2x water then the extra bio-aerosol or whatever, and that's it for transmission.

I start the disease in a hot country, so I spend on 1 or 2 cold resistance, and 1 drug resistance, and then I pretty much sit tight waiting for everyone to become infected and devolving any mutated symptoms immediately, unless it's coughing which seems to have no severity increase and helps transmission.

Which pathogen is your favorite? My first time through I hated the spore but over time I think it has become my favorite. I love the way a spore burst can spread to those otherwise hard to reach island countries.

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2012, 14:53 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

A² wrote:
A² wrote:

Which pathogen is your favorite? My first time through I hated the spore but over time I think it has become my favorite. I love the way a spore burst can spread to those otherwise hard to reach island countries.

Yeah, I like the middle spore burst though I've lost every time I've used it.

I like the nano and its rapid spread ability too.

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2013, 13:47 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

OK, it took a lot of attempts but I finally beat bio-weapon on brutal, which was the last brutal I needed to beat... supposedly the entire game would be unlocked at that point, but still no. :balrog: not sure what I need to do to access the remaining features without paying for them.

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2013, 17:19 

OK, it took a lot of attempts but I finally beat bio-weapon on brutal, which was the last brutal I needed to beat... supposedly the entire game would be unlocked at that point, but still no. :balrog: not sure what I need to do to access the remaining features without paying for them.

Dang. That's impressive.

Do you unlock one additional option each time you beat the game? I bought the game and every time I win it unlocks an additional pre-game dna option.

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2013, 21:01 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

A² wrote:

Dang. That's impressive.

Do you unlock one additional option each time you beat the game? I bought the game and every time I win it unlocks an additional pre-game dna option.

I unlock those dna options, but can't use them. I don't have all of them yet, maybe that's what I still need to do to get the rest unlocked.

I should just pay, but it's the principle of it at this point.

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2013, 05:48 

A² wrote:

Dang. That's impressive.

I unlock those dna options, but can't use them. I don't have all of them yet, maybe that's what I still need to do to get the rest unlocked.

I should just pay, but it's the principle of it at this point.

I remember I went ahead and paid for it because I felt like I enjoyed the game enough that they had earned my money.

Its even more impressive that you beat all the different levels without the aid of those extra dna options.

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2013, 10:17 
Verdana 10pt
Verdana 10pt

YKFK, were you able to unlock Necroa or anything else? I (think) I have beaten all the levels on Brutal, but it keeps shoving me to the store.

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2013, 10:24 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

bing wrote:
YKFK, were you able to unlock Necroa or anything else? I (think) I have beaten all the levels on Brutal, but it keeps shoving me to the store.

Nope, same. I haven't unlocked all the genes, so maybe that's the missing trigger, though the websites I remember looking at for tips said the whole thing should unlock upon defeating everything on brutal.

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2013, 15:36 
Key Grip
Key Grip

This is going to reveal my true nerd level. I downloaded Magic the Gathering on my tablet. It looks pretty sweet on there.