Firefly

Whether it be Lost or The Simpsons, this is the place to discuss all your favourite TV shows -- current and cancelled.
Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!

Firefly

#1 Post by Batman » 15 Jan 2012, 08:06

Wow. I can't believe there isn't a thread dedicated to this show. I just saw the first episode and it was awesome.

OK, it wasn't "Wire" awesome, but it was some damn fine writing, acting and special effects.

I can't believe I'm the first one to write about this. I guess this is what it feels like to be on the forefront of a trend. I just hope they don't cancel it.
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."

AngelTash
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Re: Firefly

#2 Post by AngelTash » 15 Jan 2012, 11:26

Batman wrote:Wow. I can't believe there isn't a thread dedicated to this show. I just saw the first episode and it was awesome.

OK, it wasn't "Wire" awesome, but it was some damn fine writing, acting and special effects.

I can't believe I'm the first one to write about this. I guess this is what it feels like to be on the forefront of a trend. I just hope they don't cancel it.
:lol:
All things truly wicked start from innocence.

Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

#3 Post by Scruluce » 15 Jan 2012, 13:35

AngelTash wrote:
Batman wrote:Wow. I can't believe there isn't a thread dedicated to this show. I just saw the first episode and it was awesome.

:lol: :lol:
...unless something better's on TV

Dawson
FilmWise's Moral Imperative

#4 Post by Dawson » 16 Jan 2012, 00:41

And now we have a reason (not that we need one) to post a few more Hendricks pics
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.

Batman

#5 Post by Batman » 12 Feb 2012, 02:06

I've just finished the "Our Mrs. Reynolds" episode. All I can say about Ms. Hendricks is, "Pfllu pfla pflerr, homina pfla pfla pflurr." This also happened to be my least successful pickup line back in my younger, drunker singler days.

God, I may have to watch "Mad Men" after this just to satisfy my eyeballs.

AngelTash
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#6 Post by AngelTash » 12 Feb 2012, 06:14

Batman wrote:I've just finished the "Our Mrs. Reynolds" episode. All I can say about Ms. Hendricks is, "Pfllu pfla pflerr, homina pfla pfla pflurr." This also happened to be my least successful pickup line back in my younger, drunker singler days.

God, I may have to watch "Mad Men" after this just to satisfy my eyeballs.
All things truly wicked start from innocence.

Dawson

#7 Post by Dawson » 12 Feb 2012, 07:08

Might have to dig out the Firefly Airwolf title sequence again now
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.

Batman

#8 Post by Batman » 08 Feb 2013, 02:05

'Firefly': Alan Tudyk Talks Revival Hopes
Joss Whedon isn't the only one who wants to revive "Firefly." Series star Alan Tudyk said the desire among the cast runs deep as well.

“Not only is there a want from fans, but there’s a want from Joss [Whedon], and from Nathan [Fillion], certainly, and the cast,” Tudyk told Hypable.

Whedon is currently working on the "S.H.I.E.L.D." TV pilot for ABC, but recently said "Firefly" has been on his radar. "I'll never really accept it," Whedon told the Toronto Sun about "Firefly's" cancellation. "And I always, in the back of my head, think, 'What if I could get the old gang back together? ... It's something I would love to do."

Tudyk pointed to Netflix's new "Arrested Development" season as a model "Firefly" could follow.

“This was taken off the air right about the same time that we were," Tudyk said about "Arrested Development," "and that was a show that was on Fox, with a bunch of people who have gone on to do many other things, and they’re getting them back together for another 14 episodes. So it can be done."
While I'm getting wood thinking about this, I've got some bad news for Tudyk if they do revive the show.

NoShoes
FilmWise's Unshod Avenger

#9 Post by NoShoes » 08 Feb 2013, 07:36

Batman wrote:I just hope they don't cancel it.
I blame Scruluce!
Summertime Fun

Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

#10 Post by Scruluce » 08 Feb 2013, 17:03

NoShoes wrote:
I blame Scruluce!
Hey now! I didn't watch this until AFTER the series was cancelled AND I had watched Serenity. Just sayin...

NoShoes

#11 Post by NoShoes » 08 Feb 2013, 17:10

Scruluce wrote:
NoShoes wrote:
I blame Scruluce!
Hey now! I didn't watch this until AFTER the series was cancelled AND I had watched Serenity. Just sayin...
Are you sure you didn't cause the Earth to rotate in the opposite direction, thereby turning back time so you could save Lois Lane and watch this when it originally aired causing it's demise? :mishchief:
Summertime Fun

Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

#12 Post by Scruluce » 08 Feb 2013, 17:36

NoShoes wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
NoShoes wrote:
I blame Scruluce!
Are you sure you didn't cause the Earth to rotate in the opposite direction, thereby turning back time so you could save Lois Lane and watch this when it originally aired causing it's demise? :mishchief:
loopholes and paradoxes... you'll never prove it was me!

alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

#13 Post by alan smithee » 09 Feb 2013, 12:32

Batman wrote:'Firefly': Alan Tudyk Talks Revival Hopes
Joss Whedon isn't the only one who wants to revive "Firefly." Series star Alan Tudyk said the desire among the cast runs deep as well.

“Not only is there a want from fans, but there’s a want from Joss [Whedon], and from Nathan [Fillion], certainly, and the cast,” Tudyk told Hypable.

Whedon is currently working on the "S.H.I.E.L.D." TV pilot for ABC, but recently said "Firefly" has been on his radar. "I'll never really accept it," Whedon told the Toronto Sun about "Firefly's" cancellation. "And I always, in the back of my head, think, 'What if I could get the old gang back together? ... It's something I would love to do."

Tudyk pointed to Netflix's new "Arrested Development" season as a model "Firefly" could follow.

“This was taken off the air right about the same time that we were," Tudyk said about "Arrested Development," "and that was a show that was on Fox, with a bunch of people who have gone on to do many other things, and they’re getting them back together for another 14 episodes. So it can be done."
While I'm getting wood thinking about this, I've got some bad news for Tudyk if they do revive the show.
The show could pick up after the series ended but before Serenity, in which
Spoiler
Tudyk's character dies—which is what I assume you're getting at, no?
Or just throw away everything after Superman II ... err, the series.
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

Batman

#14 Post by Batman » 10 Feb 2013, 03:07

alan smithee wrote:

Spoiler
:green:

Mazer
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#15 Post by Mazer » 19 Feb 2013, 19:24

Batman wrote:
alan smithee wrote:

Spoiler
That might also help us get the Book backstory, which I am still curious about.

Mazer
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#16 Post by Mazer » 19 Feb 2013, 19:24

Batman wrote:
alan smithee wrote:

Spoiler

Mazer
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#17 Post by Mazer » 19 Feb 2013, 19:25

Batman wrote:
alan smithee wrote:

Spoiler

Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

#18 Post by Scruluce » 19 Feb 2013, 23:05

echo

Batman

#19 Post by Batman » 20 Feb 2013, 04:37

Mazer wrote:
Batman wrote:
alan smithee wrote:

Spoiler
So, you would describe yourself as "Book-curious"?