GAME (audio): Aural Pleasure

This is where you'll find all quizzes and games created by FilmWisers. Come on in and join the fun.
Message
Author
User avatar
Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
Posts: 27601
Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Gender: Female
Location: Sweden

#51 Post by Nunis » 16 May 2003, 13:52

Start banging your heads, kids, results are up.

Only one person got each clip, snotball got #9, The End of the Affair (hey, I said there would be a few real tough ones) and alan smithee got #10, Chocolat (really, how many Swedish directors do you guys know who are still making movies?)

Anyway, two new clips are up, and they will be up until Monday, so you have all weekend to go insane. I am hoping at least one of these will be a little bit easier. But don't be fooled, it is getting progressively harder.

:wink:

Toto, I gave you back that missing point.

User avatar
snotball
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
Posts: 13408
Joined: 15 Jan 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male

#52 Post by snotball » 16 May 2003, 14:30

WHAT??? :o Didn't you get my answer to Chocolat? I've sent it in about 15 minutes after you've put up the questions. Please don't tell me that it wasn't sent out for some reason. :cry:
Bad dates

T
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 4877
Joined: 23 Nov 2002, 12:37
Gender: Male
Location: Parapets of Angband

#53 Post by T » 16 May 2003, 14:36

Nunis wrote:Ok kids, I realise this game just got harder.

For #9, I have received only one correct guess, and the person who sent it knows who he is. I am so impressed, I didn't think anyone would get it. That said, because this person got it, I will not give a hint for this one.

For #10, I have only received two guesses, and both were wrong, therefore I will now give a hint.

#10 Hint: Directed by one of my countrymen and made less than 5 years ago

If that doesn't do it - tough :tongue:

Anyway, Toto, when I update the scoreboard later I will give you another point.

These clips will be up for another 2-3 hours
Grumble grumble grumble! If I had known there was a clue I would've made better random guesses. Thanks for not telling me, TODD! :x

Odd Todd
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss
Posts: 13709
Joined: 18 Feb 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Colorado

#54 Post by Odd Todd » 16 May 2003, 14:43

T me J wrote: Grumble grumble grumble! If I had known there was a clue I would've made better random guesses. Thanks for not telling me, TODD! :x
I'm here for you T!! Er.... oh wait... oops. :oops:
"I have to take a leak so bad I can taste it!" - Strange Brew

User avatar
Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
Posts: 27601
Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Gender: Female
Location: Sweden

#55 Post by Nunis » 17 May 2003, 04:41

snotball wrote:WHAT??? :o Didn't you get my answer to Chocolat? I've sent it in about 15 minutes after you've put up the questions. Please don't tell me that it wasn't sent out for some reason. :cry:
No reason to be angry. Do you still have the message in your Sent Box. If you do, send it on to me. I just find it strange that I have marked you down for End of the Affair and not Chocolat, but it is very possible I goofed.

User avatar
snotball
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
Posts: 13408
Joined: 15 Jan 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male

#56 Post by snotball » 17 May 2003, 05:02

Nunis wrote:
snotball wrote:WHAT??? :o Didn't you get my answer to Chocolat? I've sent it in about 15 minutes after you've put up the questions. Please don't tell me that it wasn't sent out for some reason. :cry:
No reason to be angry. Do you still have the message in your Sent Box. If you do, send it on to me. I just find it strange that I have marked you down for End of the Affair and not Chocolat, but it is very possible I goofed.
I'm not angry just feeling stupid. I wrote you that PM but I can't figure out what went wrong since it's not in my sent box. Never mind.
Bad dates

User avatar
Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
Posts: 27601
Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Gender: Female
Location: Sweden

#57 Post by Nunis » 17 May 2003, 05:26

Sorry about that snotty. I would like to give you the point, and I do believe you're not lying, but it's such a tight race up the top of the leaderboard... Would the rest of you mind? We do believe him, don't we?

User avatar
snotball
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
Posts: 13408
Joined: 15 Jan 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male

#58 Post by snotball » 17 May 2003, 05:34

By the way, since I see you're using my light-hint system, is there a usual time when the hints will be up?
Bad dates

User avatar
Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
Posts: 27601
Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Gender: Female
Location: Sweden

#59 Post by Nunis » 17 May 2003, 05:35

No usual time, I would say tomorrow afternoon maybe. If I haven't received a correct guess. But this round doesn't end until Monday so I can leave it up a little longer before giving out a hint. Check by tomorrow afternoon.

User avatar
snotball
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
Posts: 13408
Joined: 15 Jan 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male

#60 Post by snotball » 17 May 2003, 05:36

ok, this is really a hard round, no fnar intended.
Bad dates

Antoine Doinel
Director
Director
Posts: 876
Joined: 18 Apr 2003, 14:10
Gender: Male
Location: Valley of Chevreuse (France)

#61 Post by Antoine Doinel » 17 May 2003, 11:04

I'm sure Snotball is sincere. As far as I'm concerned, you can give him the point, Nunis.
A man's got to know his limitations.

User avatar
Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
Posts: 27601
Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Gender: Female
Location: Sweden

#62 Post by Nunis » 19 May 2003, 02:12

Just bumping this up to the top as a reminder.

One person has now guessed #12 correctly, so no hints, kids.

This round will end in about 12 hours.

User avatar
kinggrl
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 7567
Joined: 19 Aug 2001, 16:00
Gender: Female
Location: Cowtown
Contact:

#63 Post by kinggrl » 19 May 2003, 03:54

I am asking kindly that you extend the deadline until 6:30 pm EST (11:30 GMT) so I can guess. I forgot to send them in and now I'm at work and must get off these boards as quickly as possible lest I be fired from my new job. :o If you can't... that's cool. I understand. I'm a moron and forgot to send them in earlier.

User avatar
Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
Posts: 27601
Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Gender: Female
Location: Sweden

#64 Post by Nunis » 19 May 2003, 03:56

kinggrl wrote:I am asking kindly that you extend the deadline until 6:30 pm EST (11:30 GMT) so I can guess. I forgot to send them in and now I'm at work and must get off these boards as quickly as possible lest I be fired from my new job. :o If you can't... that's cool. I understand. I'm a moron and forgot to send them in earlier.
Of course, sweetcheeks. I'll make it midnight. That's 7pm your time ;)

User avatar
Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
Posts: 27601
Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Gender: Female
Location: Sweden

#65 Post by Nunis » 19 May 2003, 14:35

30 minute reminder (Although we all know we're just waiting for kinggrl so I can put you out of your misery... Oh God, did you see that, I was funny. Misery. Get it?)

User avatar
Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
Posts: 27601
Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Gender: Female
Location: Sweden

#66 Post by Nunis » 19 May 2003, 14:53

New clips are up along with answers and updated leaderboard.

Two people in the lead, and neither is Todd :lol:

Odd Todd
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss
Posts: 13709
Joined: 18 Feb 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Colorado

#67 Post by Odd Todd » 19 May 2003, 14:56

Nunis wrote:New clips are up along with answers and updated leaderboard.

Two people in the lead, and neither is Todd :lol:
Why did you take such pleasure in noting this? :roll:
"I have to take a leak so bad I can taste it!" - Strange Brew

User avatar
Gren
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Posts: 17956
Joined: 11 Nov 2002, 05:13
Gender: Male
Location: Salford, England
Contact:

#68 Post by Gren » 19 May 2003, 14:58

Not seen 9-12, so I don't feel too bad about sucking recently.
Lionel Hutz, aka Miguel Sanchez, aka Dr. Nguyen van Thoc, was paid $8 for his 32 hours of babysitting.

He was glad to get it.

User avatar
alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 39554
Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Gender: Male
Location: San Francisco

#69 Post by alan smithee » 19 May 2003, 15:00

Gren wrote:Not seen 9-12, so I don't feel too bad about sucking recently.
I know the feeling. I've been in 4 cities (San Francisco, Boston, NY, and Denver) in the last two days, so I didn't get around to listening to 11-12 until now. Perhaps I should've sent in Crouching Tiger rather than repeatedly listening to 12 in hopes that I could send both in answers in 1 PM. (Especially since, though I enjoyed the movie, I never would've gotten JFK.) :rant: (at myself)
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

User avatar
Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
Posts: 27601
Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Gender: Female
Location: Sweden

#70 Post by Nunis » 19 May 2003, 15:04

Odd Todd wrote:
Nunis wrote:New clips are up along with answers and updated leaderboard.

Two people in the lead, and neither is Todd :lol:
Why did you take such pleasure in noting this? :roll:
To entertain T, I guess ;)

Odd Todd
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss
Posts: 13709
Joined: 18 Feb 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Colorado

#71 Post by Odd Todd » 19 May 2003, 15:09

Nunis wrote:
Odd Todd wrote:
Nunis wrote:New clips are up along with answers and updated leaderboard.

Two people in the lead, and neither is Todd :lol:
Why did you take such pleasure in noting this? :roll:
To entertain T, I guess ;)
Geeze... it's bad enough I get it from her and now your all ganging up on me! :roll:

(And dammnit Shelia if you take that ganging comment to that next step I so know you want to take it to I will harm you good! :lol:)
"I have to take a leak so bad I can taste it!" - Strange Brew

User avatar
Sheila1313
FilmWise Zombie
FilmWise Zombie
Posts: 21745
Joined: 13 Nov 2002, 20:49
Gender: Female
Location: Texas

#72 Post by Sheila1313 » 19 May 2003, 15:46

Odd Todd wrote:
Nunis wrote:
Odd Todd wrote:
Nunis wrote:New clips are up along with answers and updated leaderboard.

Two people in the lead, and neither is Todd :lol:
Why did you take such pleasure in noting this? :roll:
To entertain T, I guess ;)
Geeze... it's bad enough I get it from her and now your all ganging up on me! :roll:

(And dammnit Shelia if you take that ganging comment to that next step I so know you want to take it to I will harm you good! :lol:)
Ganging up on Todd's Hot Rod, are we now? :roll: :lol: And what, exactly, is "it" ? :lol:
ImageImageImage

We have such sights to show you!

User avatar
Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
Posts: 27601
Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Gender: Female
Location: Sweden

#73 Post by Nunis » 20 May 2003, 11:22

Just a reminder, I'll leave this up until about midnight (3.5 hours more or so)...

I only got 4 correct answers for #14, and NONE for #13, so I will add a hint for #13 to the front page.

Get those guesses in...

Just as a paranthesis - a whole bunch of you kids guessed this movie (#13) earlier last round.

User avatar
Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise
Posts: 27601
Joined: 23 Aug 2001, 16:00
Gender: Female
Location: Sweden

#74 Post by Nunis » 20 May 2003, 13:04

2 more hours. For kinggrl.

And several people now got #13, so it's not impossible.

If you were on of those who got JFK wrong cause you guessed something else... Well then I suggest you send in that incorrect guess again :lol: ;)

And when I saw late 80s, I mean it was released in the late 80s, not set then.

marla
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 6002
Joined: 27 Jan 2003, 08:37

#75 Post by marla » 20 May 2003, 13:11

:o was my impression, as I listened to them :(

Post Reply