FilmWise Forums
It is currently 24 Sep 2018, 03:49

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ingress
PostPosted: 05 Aug 2014, 18:09 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City
How are you getting these passcodes again?

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2014, 05:20 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

There are a number of google+ groups for them. I'm checking "Ingress Passcodes" here and there. I should find more sources, as some codes die off quickly.

Made level 5 yesterday. Yay.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2014, 07:15 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

ingressfieldguide.com is another good site with info. I've only just started browsing it but the following info is useful:

http://ingressfieldguide.com/content/ac ... p-leveling

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2014, 16:56 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

I just hit level 6. w00t.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2014, 06:21 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Scruluce wrote:
I just hit level 6. w00t.

Me too! W00t w00t!

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2014, 13:17 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Hit level 7 today after being the scourge of Hoboken yesterday.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2014, 11:06 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Functioning passcode:

LVBOYNXAIE

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2014, 11:49 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

awesome, ty.

I just hit lvl 7 yesterday as well.

600k AP until lvl 8, then the quest for AP + achievements to reach levels 9+

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2014, 11:39 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

I'm still barely into lv7. Just haven't been able to get out much since.

The achievement requirements for levels past 9 intimidate me, especially when I look at where I'm at on most (25% or less towards bronze). I am about to get my second silver, though (Recharger, and I have Guardian). Hoping to see gold or more on Guardian - it's probably the easiest one to get: just find a portal off the beaten path you can get to, capture it and get the portal key so you can remotely recharge every few days.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2014, 12:05 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

You Know, for Kids wrote:
I'm still barely into lv7. Just haven't been able to get out much since.

The achievement requirements for levels past 9 intimidate me, especially when I look at where I'm at on most (25% or less towards bronze). I am about to get my second silver, though (Recharger, and I have Guardian). Hoping to see gold or more on Guardian - it's probably the easiest one to get: just find a portal off the beaten path you can get to, capture it and get the portal key so you can remotely recharge every few days.

I try to keep one close to home so I can get to it if I need to. The problem is that I, or others, tend to make it an anchor portal, so it gets taken down with some regularity. I've suggested a few other portals nearby my house. Once one of those come online, I should be able to keep it isolated for awhile.

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2014, 10:07 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Scruluce wrote:
Once one of those come online, I should be able to keep it isolated for awhile.

I've heard the processing time for those is absurd, and the litmus test is a mystery. Some really pointless portals make it while some obvious markers are rejected.

I've submitted about 15 portals or so at this point. Not holding my breath on any.

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2014, 18:47 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Scruluce wrote:
Once one of those come online, I should be able to keep it isolated for awhile.

I've heard the processing time for those is absurd, and the litmus test is a mystery. Some really pointless portals make it while some obvious markers are rejected.

I've submitted about 15 portals or so at this point. Not holding my breath on any.

What's funny is that I've submitted new pictures, location adjustments, and name changes of current portals (one player named a water tower after herself; another named the portal after the poster advertising a book @ Barnes & Noble, instead of the store) and I've seen acceptance confirmation on some of those, but still haven't had my portals accepted or rejected either way.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2014, 06:37 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

For some reason, photos and edits go a lot faster than new portals. I've had some photos accepted (and rejected) within a couple of days. My group here tells me that it will be quite a few months before I hear about portals, and I have to assume that I'm notthe first suggester on a few of them either, so I doubt I'll get too many approved.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2014, 09:51 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

You've had photos rejected?

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2014, 04:47 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Scruluce wrote:

Yup. Assholes.

Here's some useful information regarding portal submission backlog: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities ... 0599588363

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2014, 10:53 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Scruluce wrote:

Yup. Assholes.

I just had a photo rejected yesterday. it was this one:
Quote:
another named the portal after the poster advertising a book @ Barnes & Noble, instead of the store

Maybe they will accept the rename of the portal instead. I'm not sure how to go about reporting those otherwise, or if they really care.

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2014, 10:54 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Here's some useful information regarding portal submission backlog: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities ... 0599588363

I'm not in that community, so I can't see those posts. Care to copy/paste?

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2014, 10:58 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Quote:
I came into contact with +Justin Pulsipher who managed to get me IPST data for two Platinum Seers (500+ portals accepted each). I've visualized 2506 submissions worth of data between April 2013 to August 2014.

Quick stats for these two agents:
1238 (49.4%) Accepted
707 (28.2%) Pending
561 (22.4%) Rejected

For a while, Niantic was definitely using a two-pass system, but that has recently collapse into a single ever growing backlog. Seeing how badly the Open Beta was for the portal pipeline, I'm expecting a pretty severe hit from the iOS agents in 6 months time.

The two agents were in the US, but with submissions from different states, so at least there is one pipeline for the US. I am unsure if the rest of the world also goes through the same pipeline.

This is slightly experimental, but if you'd like to add to the dataset, please email your IPST CSV Export files to ingressstatistics@gmail.com. Data will be kept anonymous as usual.

Attachment:
seer.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2014, 23:28 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

I met up with some of the local enlightened and went on a build in two different locations. We are all level 8, and placed one resonator each on every portal we found, then made multiple laps along the same route afterward so we could hack and farm for level 8 gear (in preparation for the anomaly event next weekend – Sacramento, CA). It was fast paced, as we were piled into 2 cars and driving around, but we earned a lot of gear. It seemed like a lot to me, but others were disappointed. Local resistance (smurfs) were watching the comm and crashed our party at both locations, which did limit our success.

It was really great seeing the varying ages present and the camaraderie and teamwork. Some of them have been ingressing for several months, but they were quite friendly and accepting of me as a new member of the group.

Oh, you did read that right. I just hit level 8 last night about an hour or two before the build.

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2014, 06:37 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Scruluce wrote:
I just hit level 8 last night about an hour or two before the build.

wd

Not close yet. Just broke 8m yesterday, so 4m to go.

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2014, 20:43 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

I'm hearing of portals that have been removed, but I haven't found a venue for reporting false portals as of yet.

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2014, 12:00 
Key Grip
Key Grip

I just hit level 8 last week! I love meeting new people. We're getting an anomaly here next month. I'm so excited about it. I'm going to buy some battery packs just so I can make it through the day. I need to get more familiar with the downtown portals so I can be of some use and stock up on resources. I wish we could send resources as gifts to our friends. I'll let you know how it goes :)

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2014, 14:40 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

fonglai wrote:
I just hit level 8 last week! I love meeting new people. We're getting an anomaly here next month. I'm so excited about it. I'm going to buy some battery packs just so I can make it through the day. I need to get more familiar with the downtown portals so I can be of some use and stock up on resources. I wish we could send resources as gifts to our friends. I'll let you know how it goes :)

There was an anomaly near here last month. I took my son and our bikes. We had a blast!

Locally, the Enlightened made the Resistance look like they weren't even playing. Tacoma, WA (the primary site) had the exact opposite happen, so Res won the day.

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2014, 14:49 
Key Grip
Key Grip

[imgurl=]Image[/imgurl]

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2014, 14:50 
Key Grip
Key Grip

Scruluce wrote:
fonglai wrote:

There was an anomaly near here last month. I took my son and our bikes. We had a blast!

Locally, the Enlightened made the Resistance look like they weren't even playing. Tacoma, WA (the primary site) had the exact opposite happen, so Res won the day.

Tell me more about it! I'm not really sure what to expect. Aaron can't get into it. I wish he played with me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next