FilmWise Forums
It is currently 16 Nov 2018, 14:38

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ingress
PostPosted: 11 Oct 2014, 15:34 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City
fonglai wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
fonglai wrote:
I just hit level 8 last week! I love meeting new people. We're getting an anomaly here next month. I'm so excited about it. I'm going to buy some battery packs just so I can make it through the day. I need to get more familiar with the downtown portals so I can be of some use and stock up on resources. I wish we could send resources as gifts to our friends. I'll let you know how it goes :)

There was an anomaly near here last month. I took my son and our bikes. We had a blast!

Locally, the Enlightened made the Resistance look like they weren't even playing. Tacoma, WA (the primary site) had the exact opposite happen, so Res won the day.

Tell me more about it! I'm not really sure what to expect. Aaron can't get into it. I wish he played with me.

you will likely get invites to different G+ groups in the weeks ahead. They will offer you the option or order swag. I purchased some stuffs, just because I'd never attended one before.
You can volunteer to join a bike, car, or walking team.

You will spend a lot of time moving from one place to another, then standing there smashing, deploying, and fortifying. The top 10 minutes of each hour is referred to as a "measurement." at some point during each measurement, a snapshot of the affected portals, determining the score from there. affected portals will, during the event, have 1-3 rings around them to set them apart from standard portals. portals with 2-3 rings around them are referred to as "volatile," and are worth extra points. that is more or less the 4-5 hours of the event. there may or may not be an after party.

make sure to get your code for the anomaly before you leave!! when you redeem the code, you get an extra badge on your player profile.

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2014, 09:56 
Key Grip
Key Grip

I'm already in the hangout and have my t-shirt ordered. I'm going to be on foot. I'm wondering if i will wish I had chosen bicycle.

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2014, 07:16 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

You guys are lucky bastiges. There's one coming up in Hartford, but that's still like almost 2 hours away. I couldn't rationalize spending a full day playing anyway, my wife already thinks I'm crazy with my GPS-related addictions.

I did hit level 8 finally this past Thursday while in lower Manhattan for work-related training. That area is simply insane, with portals and fields extremely dense and changing hands every 10-15 minutes. At certain spots with a mid-level XMP Burster I was able to damage over a hundred resonators, and that's a conservative estimate.

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2014, 23:32 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City
100 resos in one burst? WOW

I don't have a safe estimate for my largest hit, but it has to be up there. There is a cemetery on town over that we use to build a L8 farm because there are so many portals there (roughly 90 at last count). The land is long and narrow, but if I'm in the right spot, I can hit a solid fifth to quarter of the portals with a L8 burster. I can't hit every reso on each of those, but I could be approaching that 100 hit total.

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2014, 23:47 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

The last leg of Helios had a satellite in Sacramento, CA.

The second or third leg of the new event will bring a satellite location to Santa Cruz, CA (on Dec 13th). I may attend that one as well. It's a solid 2.5 hour drive, but it's on the coast and should prove interesting.

YKFK, you don't have to be physically present to participate. They need recharge teams, and fielding teams. They would have to work with you in getting you keys to portals in the area (for recharge), or have you coordinate with other semi-far flung agents in exchanging keys for throwing long distance links, or just for clearing lanes near you.

For the last leg of Helios, Enlightened had a field up that covered all three locations (Sacramento, Vancouver, and Tacoma), with anchors in HI, AK, and CO. It was incredibly impressive. It was taken down briefly before measurement 4, but then went back up (OVER a smaller blue field) before the measurement was taken.

Attachment:
oh hey what is this.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2014, 12:24 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Scruluce wrote:
The last leg of Helios had a satellite in Sacramento, CA.

The second or third leg of the new event will bring a satellite location to Santa Cruz, CA (on Dec 13th). I may attend that one as well. It's a solid 2.5 hour drive, but it's on the coast and should prove interesting.

YKFK, you don't have to be physically present to participate. They need recharge teams, and fielding teams. They would have to work with you in getting you keys to portals in the area (for recharge), or have you coordinate with other semi-far flung agents in exchanging keys for throwing long distance links, or just for clearing lanes near you.

For the last leg of Helios, Enlightened had a field up that covered all three locations (Sacramento, Vancouver, and Tacoma), with anchors in HI, AK, and CO. It was incredibly impressive. It was taken down briefly before measurement 4, but then went back up (OVER a smaller blue field) before the measurement was taken.

Attachment:
oh hey what is this.png

"Look at the size of that thing!"

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2014, 20:49 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

right?!

BTW, I hit L9 last week. under half way to L10, but I need another gold badge.

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2014, 18:03 
Key Grip
Key Grip

Scruluce wrote:
right?!

Whoa!! That's awesome!!!

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2014, 21:26 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

fonglai wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
right?!

Whoa!! That's awesome!!!

just got my gold badge today (guardian hit 20 days). now I just need 1.4 mil in AP to reach L10

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2014, 06:04 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Scruluce wrote:
fonglai wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
right?!

Whoa!! That's awesome!!!

just got my gold badge today (guardian hit 20 days). now I just need 1.4 mil in AP to reach L10

I should easily be able to get to L9 by the 11/15 anniversary celebration to get the silver badge. (One silver badge and about 350k AP away at the moment). The 2x boost is awesome and I will miss it once it is gone. I wish this had coincided with my training downtown a few weeks back. I'd have been able to put up absurd numbers during lunch and breaks.

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2014, 13:29 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

:check: Level 9

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2014, 06:52 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

http://ipas.graphracer.com

You're welcome.

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2014, 13:35 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Grats on L9

I'm not sure what to make of that link, but I will share it with my local folks.

I'm half way to L10. Still (cue Dr. Evil) need 1 million AP

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2014, 07:25 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Scruluce wrote:
I'm not sure what to make of that link

It's an attack simulator. I found it most useful for understanding the effects of mitigation, especially as relates to linkages. It also gives some understanding of how much more or less effective higher or lower XMP bursters will be in a given scenario.

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2014, 18:30 
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

I got to level 6 Saturday night. Sarah wasn't content to let me have any glory and promptly achieved level 9 about 10 minutes later.

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2014, 12:21 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

A² wrote:
I got to level 6 Saturday night. Sarah wasn't content to let me have any glory and promptly achieved level 9 about 10 minutes later.

:lol: nice

You're one up on my son. He hasn't had much Ingress time due to a disappointing report card.
You've got plenty of time to catch Sarah now; she has to earn medals to upgrade.
The key is in capturing, linking, and fielding. Smashing is fun, but worth far less points.

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2014, 07:15 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

New badges/medals. Looks like the walking one will be cake for me if I keep ingress open more often. I like the mod one as well, though I wish they'd kept records from before December 1.

Missions are sparse around here so I doubt I'll be earning that one anytime soon.

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2014, 16:14 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

You Know, for Kids wrote:
New badges/medals. Looks like the walking one will be cake for me if I keep ingress open more often. I like the mod one as well, though I wish they'd kept records from before December 1.

Missions are sparse around here so I doubt I'll be earning that one anytime soon.

it seems that you can submit missions via decodeingress.com

also, I'm not sure what they are doing with the new badges. I was automatically silver for the walking badge, but had to start from scratch for the mod badge. December 1, you say? That might explain things.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2015, 07:10 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

5 more days until Black Guardian medal. I'm kinda nervous. I have a second guardian portal that is about 3-5 days behind my main one, so at least I have a backup. But we've got some vicious resistance players out this way and it would be just like them to wait until 149 days.

I'm also about 300k away from level 10, so hopefully next week for both of these.

If any FWers are considering trying this out, let us know, as we can get credit for recruitment.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2015, 19:19 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

that's awesome.

i can't keep a guardian up recently. real vindictive players out here

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2015, 17:47 

Back in december I was a week short of my 90 day guardian on the portal I can hit from my office. I'm about 5 weeks away from 90 days on it now. I went to my first Saturday get together this last weekend. It was on the OU campus and was decent fun, although truth be told, I enjoyed my coffee and quiche in the pre get together and my burger in the post get together more than all the ingressing. I finally got to level 7 during the event. Sarah has me talked into going to the big get together in Austin in a couple of weeks. I am cautiously looking forward to it.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2015, 17:52 

Oh yeah, I did my first mission over the weekend, too. It was a pretty simple one at the zoo. I got frustrated at the end because the last two steps were both to create fields. It was tough because Sarah and I were both trying to do the mission and there just weren't enough field opportunities to go around from those portals.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2015, 18:56 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Didn't have any ADA Refractors handy?
drop one of those to turn a green portal blue, smash it, then create your new field

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2015, 06:55 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

I hate it when my fellow enlightened use those on my portals.

I have a whole bunch of Jarvis and ADAs saved up, though.

Less than 24 hours from my 150 day portal. With the lousy weather up here, I'm hoping the blue crowd will just stay home today.

Not making Level 10 this week though (still 260k away). Just not enough opportunities to earn AP.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2015, 14:07 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

I've just over 203k to hit L10

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next