Star Wars - the Force Awakens

Info on upcoming movies -- links to trailers, gossip and buzz -- can all be found here.
Message
Author
User avatar
Dawson
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
Posts: 11389
Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Gender: Male
Location: Goon Docks

Star Wars - the Force Awakens

#1 Post by Dawson » 16 Apr 2015, 12:04



Ok. I dare anyone to watch the new trailer and not get goosebumps. Oh man I wish it could be Christmas already
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.

User avatar
alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 38633
Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Gender: Male
Location: San Francisco

Re: Star Wars - the Force Awakens

#2 Post by alan smithee » 16 Apr 2015, 13:24

Dawson wrote:

Ok. I dare anyone to watch the new trailer and not get goosebumps. Oh man I wish it could be Christmas already
wait—they aren't letting Harrison Ford fly are they?
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

User avatar
sldawgs
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend
Posts: 34512
Joined: 16 Feb 2006, 17:57
Gender: Male
Location: Sheila's Dungeon...oh no! Shhh, she's coming.
Contact:

Re: Star Wars - the Force Awakens

#3 Post by sldawgs » 16 Apr 2015, 13:34

alan smithee wrote:
Dawson wrote:

Ok. I dare anyone to watch the new trailer and not get goosebumps. Oh man I wish it could be Christmas already
wait—they aren't letting Harrison Ford fly are they?
WD
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Image Image Image

User avatar
alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 38633
Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Gender: Male
Location: San Francisco

Re: Star Wars - the Force Awakens

#4 Post by alan smithee » 16 Apr 2015, 13:41

sldawgs wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
Dawson wrote:

Ok. I dare anyone to watch the new trailer and not get goosebumps. Oh man I wish it could be Christmas already
wait—they aren't letting Harrison Ford fly are they?
WD
TY
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

User avatar
sldawgs
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend
Posts: 34512
Joined: 16 Feb 2006, 17:57
Gender: Male
Location: Sheila's Dungeon...oh no! Shhh, she's coming.
Contact:

Re: Star Wars - the Force Awakens

#5 Post by sldawgs » 16 Apr 2015, 13:47

alan smithee wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
Dawson wrote:

Ok. I dare anyone to watch the new trailer and not get goosebumps. Oh man I wish it could be Christmas already
wait—they aren't letting Harrison Ford fly are they?
WD
TY
NP
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Image Image Image

User avatar
Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Posts: 15182
Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Gender: Male
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

Re: Star Wars - the Force Awakens

#6 Post by Scruluce » 09 Jun 2015, 09:16

Starting the family on a Star Wars film per month, leading up to the Christmas release.
I'm trying to decide if we should watch them in order (I–VI), or in order (by release date).
...unless something better's on TV

User avatar
Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
Posts: 33478
Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Star Wars - the Force Awakens

#7 Post by Steel Frog » 09 Jun 2015, 09:34

Scruluce wrote:Starting the family on a Star Wars film per month, leading up to the Christmas release.
I'm trying to decide if we should watch them in order (I–VI), or in order (by release date).
Whatever you do, don't skimp on rifftrax or the Star Wars Holiday special.

User avatar
Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Posts: 15182
Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Gender: Male
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

Re: Star Wars - the Force Awakens

#8 Post by Scruluce » 09 Jun 2015, 09:41

Steel Frog wrote:
Scruluce wrote:Starting the family on a Star Wars film per month, leading up to the Christmas release.
I'm trying to decide if we should watch them in order (I–VI), or in order (by release date).
Whatever you do, don't skimp on rifftrax or the Star Wars Holiday special.
I don't think I've seen the SW Holiday Special... we can certainly squeeze it in before Episode VII :D
...unless something better's on TV

User avatar
knarf
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
Posts: 50207
Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Rocket City

Re: Star Wars - the Force Awakens

#9 Post by knarf » 09 Jun 2015, 10:10

Scruluce wrote:Starting the family on a Star Wars film per month, leading up to the Christmas release.
I'm trying to decide if we should watch them in order (I–VI), or in order (by release date).
I went by release date. The "I am your Father" reveal in Empire won't have much of an impact if you go I-VI. But that may be too well known by now anyway.
"Hold on to your butts."

Image

User avatar
Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Posts: 15182
Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Gender: Male
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

Re: Star Wars - the Force Awakens

#10 Post by Scruluce » 09 Jun 2015, 11:17

knarf wrote:
Scruluce wrote:Starting the family on a Star Wars film per month, leading up to the Christmas release.
I'm trying to decide if we should watch them in order (I–VI), or in order (by release date).
I went by release date. The "I am your Father" reveal in Empire won't have much of an impact if you go I-VI. But that may be too well known by now anyway.
Yeah, they've seen all six, though it's been awhile. They know the whole story, this is just for refreshing memory on some of the finer details. I guess I could just leave the decision to them :roll:
I only have the digitally remastered DVDs anyway, which means the shitty Hayden Christiansen ghost at the end of Jedi.
...unless something better's on TV

User avatar
Dawson
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
Posts: 11389
Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Gender: Male
Location: Goon Docks

Re: Star Wars - the Force Awakens

#11 Post by Dawson » 09 Jun 2015, 11:19

Scruluce wrote:
knarf wrote:
Scruluce wrote:Starting the family on a Star Wars film per month, leading up to the Christmas release.
I'm trying to decide if we should watch them in order (I–VI), or in order (by release date).
I went by release date. The "I am your Father" reveal in Empire won't have much of an impact if you go I-VI. But that may be too well known by now anyway.
Yeah, they've seen all six, though it's been awhile. They know the whole story, this is just for refreshing memory on some of the finer details. I guess I could just leave the decision to them :roll:
I only have the digitally remastered DVDs anyway, which means the shitty Hayden Christiansen ghost at the end of Jedi.
Does it have original music at end of Jedi tho or the new bull? I'm scared to buy in case I buy wrong
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.

User avatar
Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Posts: 15182
Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Gender: Male
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

Re: Star Wars - the Force Awakens

#12 Post by Scruluce » 09 Jun 2015, 11:59

Dawson wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
knarf wrote:
Scruluce wrote:Starting the family on a Star Wars film per month, leading up to the Christmas release.
I'm trying to decide if we should watch them in order (I–VI), or in order (by release date).
I went by release date. The "I am your Father" reveal in Empire won't have much of an impact if you go I-VI. But that may be too well known by now anyway.
Yeah, they've seen all six, though it's been awhile. They know the whole story, this is just for refreshing memory on some of the finer details. I guess I could just leave the decision to them :roll:
I only have the digitally remastered DVDs anyway, which means the shitty Hayden Christiansen ghost at the end of Jedi.
Does it have original music at end of Jedi tho or the new bull? I'm scared to buy in case I buy wrong
I bought these quite a few years back (2006 or 2007) as two trilogy packs with the theatrical re-release footage. I wish I had original versions on DVD. I would run both at once, on two different TVs, just so I could see the differences.

If I were buying today, I would buy Bluray – shopping the bonus features, reading commentaries and write-ups on why this is the stuff to buy/not buy. In fact, I may still do some of that research anyway.
...unless something better's on TV

User avatar
knarf
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
Posts: 50207
Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Rocket City

Re: Star Wars - the Force Awakens

#13 Post by knarf » 09 Jun 2015, 12:31

Scruluce wrote:
Dawson wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
knarf wrote:
Scruluce wrote:Starting the family on a Star Wars film per month, leading up to the Christmas release.
I'm trying to decide if we should watch them in order (I–VI), or in order (by release date).
I went by release date. The "I am your Father" reveal in Empire won't have much of an impact if you go I-VI. But that may be too well known by now anyway.
Yeah, they've seen all six, though it's been awhile. They know the whole story, this is just for refreshing memory on some of the finer details. I guess I could just leave the decision to them :roll:
I only have the digitally remastered DVDs anyway, which means the shitty Hayden Christiansen ghost at the end of Jedi.
Does it have original music at end of Jedi tho or the new bull? I'm scared to buy in case I buy wrong
I bought these quite a few years back (2006 or 2007) as two trilogy packs with the theatrical re-release footage. I wish I had original versions on DVD. I would run both at once, on two different TVs, just so I could see the differences.

If I were buying today, I would buy Bluray – shopping the bonus features, reading commentaries and write-ups on why this is the stuff to buy/not buy. In fact, I may still do some of that research anyway.
I have the "last chance to own the originals" tapes, but I haven't watched them in quite awhile. Not even sure if my VCR still works.
"Hold on to your butts."

Image

User avatar
Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Posts: 29650
Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: Gotham's seedier side

Re: Star Wars - the Force Awakens

#14 Post by Batman » 10 Jun 2015, 00:44

knarf wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
Dawson wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
knarf wrote:
Scruluce wrote:Starting the family on a Star Wars film per month, leading up to the Christmas release.
I'm trying to decide if we should watch them in order (I–VI), or in order (by release date).
I went by release date. The "I am your Father" reveal in Empire won't have much of an impact if you go I-VI. But that may be too well known by now anyway.
Yeah, they've seen all six, though it's been awhile. They know the whole story, this is just for refreshing memory on some of the finer details. I guess I could just leave the decision to them :roll:
I only have the digitally remastered DVDs anyway, which means the shitty Hayden Christiansen ghost at the end of Jedi.
Does it have original music at end of Jedi tho or the new bull? I'm scared to buy in case I buy wrong
I bought these quite a few years back (2006 or 2007) as two trilogy packs with the theatrical re-release footage. I wish I had original versions on DVD. I would run both at once, on two different TVs, just so I could see the differences.

If I were buying today, I would buy Bluray – shopping the bonus features, reading commentaries and write-ups on why this is the stuff to buy/not buy. In fact, I may still do some of that research anyway.
I have the "last chance to own the originals" tapes, but I haven't watched them in quite awhile. Not even sure if my VCR still works.
I have the original trilogy on VHS, well before Lucas able to "enhance" any of them prior to their re-release in the late 90s.
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image

User avatar
You Know, for Kids
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 8963
Joined: 14 Mar 2005, 12:38
Gender: Male
Location: Westchester, NY

Re: Star Wars - the Force Awakens

#15 Post by You Know, for Kids » 23 Sep 2015, 03:25

Batman wrote:
knarf wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
Dawson wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
knarf wrote:
Scruluce wrote:Starting the family on a Star Wars film per month, leading up to the Christmas release.
I'm trying to decide if we should watch them in order (I–VI), or in order (by release date).
I went by release date. The "I am your Father" reveal in Empire won't have much of an impact if you go I-VI. But that may be too well known by now anyway.
Yeah, they've seen all six, though it's been awhile. They know the whole story, this is just for refreshing memory on some of the finer details. I guess I could just leave the decision to them :roll:
I only have the digitally remastered DVDs anyway, which means the shitty Hayden Christiansen ghost at the end of Jedi.
Does it have original music at end of Jedi tho or the new bull? I'm scared to buy in case I buy wrong
I bought these quite a few years back (2006 or 2007) as two trilogy packs with the theatrical re-release footage. I wish I had original versions on DVD. I would run both at once, on two different TVs, just so I could see the differences.

If I were buying today, I would buy Bluray – shopping the bonus features, reading commentaries and write-ups on why this is the stuff to buy/not buy. In fact, I may still do some of that research anyway.
I have the "last chance to own the originals" tapes, but I haven't watched them in quite awhile. Not even sure if my VCR still works.
I have the original trilogy on VHS, well before Lucas able to "enhance" any of them prior to their re-release in the late 90s.
I did read somewhere recently that Disney was planning a new Blu-Ray re-release of the theatrical cuts.
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. and we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.

User avatar
Middle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 8461
Joined: 15 Oct 2003, 07:22
Gender: Male
Location: Around

Re: Star Wars - the Force Awakens

#16 Post by Middle » 23 Sep 2015, 03:34

You Know, for Kids wrote:
Batman wrote:
knarf wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
Dawson wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
knarf wrote:
Scruluce wrote:Starting the family on a Star Wars film per month, leading up to the Christmas release.
I'm trying to decide if we should watch them in order (I–VI), or in order (by release date).
I went by release date. The "I am your Father" reveal in Empire won't have much of an impact if you go I-VI. But that may be too well known by now anyway.
Yeah, they've seen all six, though it's been awhile. They know the whole story, this is just for refreshing memory on some of the finer details. I guess I could just leave the decision to them :roll:
I only have the digitally remastered DVDs anyway, which means the shitty Hayden Christiansen ghost at the end of Jedi.
Does it have original music at end of Jedi tho or the new bull? I'm scared to buy in case I buy wrong
I bought these quite a few years back (2006 or 2007) as two trilogy packs with the theatrical re-release footage. I wish I had original versions on DVD. I would run both at once, on two different TVs, just so I could see the differences.

If I were buying today, I would buy Bluray – shopping the bonus features, reading commentaries and write-ups on why this is the stuff to buy/not buy. In fact, I may still do some of that research anyway.
I have the "last chance to own the originals" tapes, but I haven't watched them in quite awhile. Not even sure if my VCR still works.
I have the original trilogy on VHS, well before Lucas able to "enhance" any of them prior to their re-release in the late 90s.
I did read somewhere recently that Disney was planning a new Blu-Ray re-release of the theatrical cuts.
Let me look that up for you...

Also, most of you on here have the privilege of being native English speakers, whereas I will have to wait to show these to my children until they can either understand English, or are able to read subtitles. Neither of those options will be available within the next 4 years or so...
Come play with us, Danny. Forever and ever and ever.

User avatar
bratzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
Posts: 12428
Joined: 08 Feb 2006, 08:59
Gender: Male

Re: Star Wars - the Force Awakens

#17 Post by bratzks » 20 Oct 2015, 13:08

OMFG! The new trailer. Even more excited now.
Image Image Image

User avatar
Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Posts: 15182
Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Gender: Male
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

Re: Star Wars - the Force Awakens

#18 Post by Scruluce » 20 Oct 2015, 13:35

bratzks wrote:OMFG! The new trailer. Even more excited now.
:green:

Great trailer!!
...unless something better's on TV

User avatar
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Posts: 35059
Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Gender: Male
Location: parts unknown

Re: Star Wars - the Force Awakens

#19 Post by » 20 Oct 2015, 16:45

I survived the great Force Awakens ticket internet crash and managed a pair of reserved seat opening night tickets. My friends are lobbying me to get to go with me now. So far the best offer I have received is a pair of tickets to the OU/Texas Tech game this Saturday.
The :) means it's all ok.

User avatar
Middle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 8461
Joined: 15 Oct 2003, 07:22
Gender: Male
Location: Around

Re: Star Wars - the Force Awakens

#20 Post by Middle » 21 Oct 2015, 10:09

A² wrote:I survived the great Force Awakens ticket internet crash and managed a pair of reserved seat opening night tickets. My friends are lobbying me to get to go with me now. So far the best offer I have received is a pair of tickets to the OU/Texas Tech game this Saturday.
Got decent reserved seats for Friday, but didn't have much trouble at all. Could have gotten tickets for Wednesday the 16th (opening day here) for both an afternoon and a 11:30 PM showing, both with hardly any bookings in the theater so far.
Come play with us, Danny. Forever and ever and ever.

User avatar
Dawson
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
Posts: 11389
Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Gender: Male
Location: Goon Docks

Re: Star Wars - the Force Awakens

#21 Post by Dawson » 21 Oct 2015, 23:00

didn't reserve a ticket sorry, will happily wait a few days and find a matinee showing
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.

User avatar
knarf
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
Posts: 50207
Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Rocket City

Re: Star Wars - the Force Awakens

#22 Post by knarf » 23 Oct 2015, 06:06

:o Awesome supercut of all trailer footage:
"Hold on to your butts."

Image

User avatar
Dawson
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
Posts: 11389
Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Gender: Male
Location: Goon Docks

Re: Star Wars - the Force Awakens

#23 Post by Dawson » 23 Oct 2015, 07:09

knarf wrote::o Awesome supercut of all trailer footage:

Holy feck that is awesome!
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.

User avatar
figjam
Director
Director
Posts: 730
Joined: 21 Sep 2010, 12:42

Re: Star Wars - the Force Awakens

#24 Post by figjam » 23 Oct 2015, 12:33

knarf wrote::o Awesome supercut of all trailer footage:

Awesome, indeed!!

User avatar
Middle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 8461
Joined: 15 Oct 2003, 07:22
Gender: Male
Location: Around

Re: Star Wars - the Force Awakens

#25 Post by Middle » 26 Oct 2015, 00:53

figjam wrote:
knarf wrote::o Awesome supercut of all trailer footage:

Awesome, indeed!!
:green:
Come play with us, Danny. Forever and ever and ever.

Post Reply