FilmWise Forums
It is currently 25 May 2018, 20:02

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2016, 15:51 
FilmWise's Moral Imperative

That episode was epic!!!!

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2016, 04:34 
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks

NoShoes wrote:
Just watched the opening sequence from Sunday night premiere episode. Now, I don't profess to know what the
Spoiler
blast radius of an RPG round
is, but that was freaking awesome! :D

:green:

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2016, 16:43 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2016, 10:01 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City
sldawgs wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:green:

that guy was such a pain in the ass.

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2016, 14:03 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

:lol:

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2016, 18:40 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Wow. That was a cheap ending. They ruined what could have been a memorable episode with that cop out of a cliffhanger. Lame.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2016, 05:30 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

Bill wrote:
Wow. That was a cheap ending. They ruined what could have been a memorable episode with that cop out of a cliffhanger. Lame.

:green: :balrog:

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2016, 08:42 

Really?
I've been having this argument with people. I thought it was absolute perfect episode. Negan had one of the best entrances of any tv villain and now we get to argue for 6 months. I actually think it would have been a bit of a let down if we'd been shown who got the bat.

A perfect infuriating exhilarating episode!

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2016, 04:13 
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!

Dawson wrote:
Really?
I've been having this argument with people. I thought it was absolute perfect episode. Negan had one of the best entrances of any tv villain and now we get to argue for 6 months. I actually think it would have been a bit of a let down if we'd been shown who got the bat.

I liked it, especially after a couple of previous episodes where they had all the tactical kills and no losses. I also liked Rick's burgeoning realization that they were getting fucked no matter what he did. However, I'm betting that the writers are going to puss out and kill Aaron or Eugene.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2016, 05:40 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

Batman wrote:
Dawson wrote:
Really?

I liked it, especially after a couple of previous episodes where they had all the tactical kills and no losses. I also liked Rick's burgeoning realization that they were getting fucked no matter what he did. However, I'm betting that the writers are going to puss out and kill Aaron or Eugene.

I liked it other than the cliffhanger, which seemed like a really cheap copout. Negan was great, and the way they showed Rick's collapsing confidence and the hopelessness of the situation were very well done.

I'd say it's about 60% it's Glenn, 30% Abraham, 10% Eugene.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2016, 07:31 

knarf wrote:
Batman wrote:
Dawson wrote:
Really?

I liked it other than the cliffhanger, which seemed like a really cheap copout. Negan was great, and the way they showed Rick's collapsing confidence and the hopelessness of the situation were very well done.

Eugene managed to finally show Rick how to make more ammo and Abraham is all loved up so I think it's too obvious and they're red herrings.
I'm going for Darryl.
Season 7 is going to be epic with Jesus and those storm troopers that found Carol.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2016, 10:09 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Dawson wrote:
knarf wrote:
Batman wrote:
Dawson wrote:
Really?

Eugene managed to finally show Rick how to make more ammo and Abraham is all loved up so I think it's too obvious and they're red herrings.
I'm going for Darryl.
Season 7 is going to be epic with Jesus and those storm troopers that found Carol.

I'm trying to remember who was to Rick's left. Negan was clearly looking (to his left) to Rick before making his choice. He also motioned (to his) right when referencing Carl. Which characters were between Rick and Carl? I really hope it isn't Darryl.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2016, 12:02 

Scruluce wrote:
Dawson wrote:
knarf wrote:
Batman wrote:
Dawson wrote:
Really?

I'm going for Darryl.

I'm trying to remember who was to Rick's left. Negan was clearly looking (to his left) to Rick before making his choice. He also motioned (to his) right when referencing Carl. Which characters were between Rick and Carl? I really hope it isn't Darryl.

I think Michonne was to Rick's immediate left followed by Daryl. I hope it's neither of them.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2016, 17:23 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Batman wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
Dawson wrote:
knarf wrote:
Batman wrote:
Dawson wrote:
Really?

I'm going for Darryl.

I think Michonne was to Rick's immediate left followed by Daryl. I hope it's neither of them.

The prevailing theory (that I've read) is that Glenn danced with Lucille. In the comics, he takes the beating. Maggie's haircut happened after his death. He (I think) was to the left of Rick.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2016, 18:05 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

okay, it took a couple different YouTube videos, but here is the order they are kneeling in (left to right, Negan's POV):
Glenn, Rosita, Darryl, Michone, Abraham, Maggie, Rick, Sasha, Aaron, Carl, Eugene

Watching the selection process again, "Eeney meany miney moe" starts with Rick, moving left to Michone. "Catch" isn't shown, but appears to be either Glenn or Rosita. "A tiger" is directed at Darryl. "By" and "his toe" are also not shown, but are directed at someone between Michone and Rick. "If" - Sasha; "he hollers" Aaron. "Make him pay" is vaguely directed toward Carl, Eugene, or both. "My mama..." sends Negan back to the left, but there is a pause between "you are" and "it." Within the span of that pause, Negan points at people on both sides of Rick (even though we don't see him pace any meaningful distance while doing so).

I was mistaken about Negan's body language at this point. He is careful to keep focus directly at his chosen person, but he does move his eyes slightly left and right when stating rules of the moment (breathing, blinking, and crying allowed), suggesting that he isn't on either end character.

- Aaron would be the throwaway kill, making the cliffhanger a huge letdown, since we aren't terribly invested in his character, at least not the way we are in most of the others.
- My gut tells me that Abraham got pulverized. He has shown some of the most growth this season, having emotionally moved from a survival mode (Rosita - we should all be so lucky) to a desire for something lasting (Sasha; discussion of starting a family). Still not worst case scenario, but I think this is most likely. They've made a point of giving him development points over the season, especially this last half. (P.S. The crossbow bolt to the head went through Abe's head in the comic).
- Eugene has seen his own version of what Abraham has gone through, but again I don't feel invested here. He's closer to Aaron on the spectrum. Also, he's on Negan's far right. Based on Negan's eye movement (I know, I know) I think we will have another season to endure Eugene.
- Glenn is on the far left (Negan's eyes), so I think he's safe, but he did die by Lucille in the comic.
- Rosita (see Aaron/Eugene)
- Sasha's death would really only add to Abraham's development (or more accurately send him into regression). I think she's safe.
- Rick and Carl are clearly safe, based on Negan's threat prior to swinging.
- Darryl would be the most polarizing, I think. He's been there since episode 3 of the first season. Only he, Rick, Carl, and Glenn remain from the first season. He is clearly a fan favorite.
- Michone would also be tough to see go. Any death (of Rick's core group) will weigh heavily on him, but her death would wreck him.
- Maggie is in peril already. Negan won't look tough, or make the example he wants to make, if he takes out their weakest link (in this moment).

(Glenn's contract expired with the end of this season, and Darryl has a new series beginning on AMC, Riding with Norman Reedus. Either of these points could indicate that they are not long for the TWD world.)

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2016, 00:57 

I thought the whole point of showing all the faces etc was that we didn't know where it ended up.

It is great to get people thinking like this though... can it be season 7 already please?

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2016, 07:27 
FilmWise's Unshod Avenger

Dawson wrote:
Really?

Totally in agreement with this!!!! (although I was screaming at the time)

Been thinking about this for days now, trying to put myself in Negan's head as to who to kill. Why not Dwight? He was the one who let Daryl get away in the first place, none of this would have happened if that hadn't occurred.

Guess part wishful thinking as I'm not ready for any of Rick's peeps to get killed (ok....Eugene has been getting on my nerves for a while). :tongue:

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2016, 09:53 
FilmWise with Cheese
FilmWise with Cheese

Double whammy !

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2016, 11:08 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

the season 7 premiere was hard to watch.

the brilliantly gave viewers a fake out by offing Abraham first. (FWIW, he was on borrowed time. In the it was he, not psychiatrist Denise, that took the crossbow bolt through the head and out the eye).

Issue 100 of the comic is where Neegan uses Lucille on Glenn, so when he bludgeons Abraham instead, viewers may have believed that Glenn was off the hook. I did think this, and was disappointed that they didn't go through with it. I thought they really wimped out. This made Glenn's expected death even more painful when it did happen. They also took extra time with killing Glenn, watching him struggle with trying to say goodbye to Maggie.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2016, 12:13 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Scruluce wrote:

the brilliantly gave viewers a fake out by offing Abraham first. (FWIW, he was on borrowed time. In the it was he, not psychiatrist Denise, that took the crossbow bolt through the head and out the eye).

Issue 100 of the comic is where Neegan uses Lucille on Glenn, so when he bludgeons Abraham instead, viewers may have believed that Glenn was off the hook. I did think this, and was disappointed that they didn't go through with it. I thought they really wimped out. This made Glenn's expected death even more painful when it did happen. They also took extra time with killing Glenn, watching him struggle with trying to say goodbye to Maggie.

:green: :green: :green:

I binged this series over the summer and I've never read the comics. I did not like the season 6 finale, mostly because I think Rick would have been onto the scheme by the second roadblock. The intro to Negan was pretty great, though, and his progression through really just 1 hour of screen time has already made him one of the most compelling characters they've written. I hope his arc manages to go beyond this season.

Can Sasha get a break? Everyone she is close to dies.

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2016, 02:56 

You Know, for Kids wrote:
Scruluce wrote:

:green: :green: :green:

I binged this series over the summer and I've never read the comics. I did not like the season 6 finale, mostly because I think Rick would have been onto the scheme by the second roadblock. The intro to Negan was pretty great, though, and his progression through really just 1 hour of screen time has already made him one of the most compelling characters they've written. I hope his arc manages to go beyond this season.

Can Sasha get a break? Everyone she is close to dies.

Sasha? What about Maggie? After the initial decimation of her family, she gets to see her Dad Hershel killed, her sister Beth killed and now her husband. The funny thing is, none of them were lost to walkers.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2016, 05:57 

Batman wrote:
The funny thing is, none of them were lost to walkers.

Was wondering the same thing myself :lol: I'll go with they had an excellent perimeter established.

Watching this episode brought one word to mind .... Brutal!

:lol: Vampire Bat :lol:

PS: loved the flap of flesh stuck to Lucille....how gory was that :tongue:

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2016, 10:16 

Now this is just tooooo much :mishchief:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11