Friday the 13th: Killer Puzzle

or: How I learned to stop worrying and love other types of entertainment, too.
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

Friday the 13th: Killer Puzzle

#1 Post by » 06 Mar 2019, 03:51

Anyone playing this? Its somehow simultaneously really simple but really hard. You slide Jason around a board up, down, left and right and have to kill all the people. There have been so many levels that I can't figure out for ages and then the solution seems so simple once you see it. There are hundreds of outfit/weapon combinations and some pretty entertaining kills. It's free but the ads are annoying if you don't buy something.

There is a daily challenge where you unlock a new Jason skin if you can solve it 13 days in a row. I'm currently on a personal record 3 day win streak (again, its stupid how hard it is for how simple it is.) Anyway, if anyone else happens to be playing (or wants to start...) I'd welcome any collaboration we could do to solve these daily puzzles.

The first pic is an example of a regular early level, the second is one of the daily challenges.

When you tell Jason which way to go, he slides all the way until he hits a wall or a person. So, for instance, in that first pic if you choose to slide him down he goes straight into the water and drowns. At times it becomes this really complicated process of figuring out a precise set of maneuvers to murder all the campers. The "X" spot is where a final camper is revealed after all the early ones are dispatched.
Screenshot_20190306-054135.png
Screenshot_20190306-054016.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The :) means it's all ok.

Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

Re: Friday the 13th: Killer Puzzle

#2 Post by Steel Frog » 06 Mar 2019, 07:44

Is this an app? Reminds of the cow thing from years and years ago.

http://www.vivalagames.com/play/iqmarathon/

#3 Post by » 06 Mar 2019, 12:57

I first found it on steam on my pc but now play the app on my tablet. The pc version was cleaner but that tablet is so convient.

#4 Post by » 06 Mar 2019, 13:04

To solve the daily pic above you have to
Scare the upper left guy down to block the left cat from escaping
Scare the right cat to the left to block the cops laser sight
Scare the bottom guy up into the landmine
Murder middle guy
Murder left guy
Murder x person

If any of those stupid cats die or escape, you lose.

Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

#5 Post by Scruluce » 08 Mar 2019, 09:59

ok, I downloaded the app for my phone. it's quickly becoming a guilty pleasure.
can't decide if I love, or hate, mom's disembodied head giving advice. that element almost feels too Norman Bates-y

stuck on the daily puzzle for today. the next to last camper keeps running away. how rude!
...unless something better's on TV

Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

#6 Post by Scruluce » 08 Mar 2019, 10:01

strike that. got it. didn't think of scaring the dude onto the mine...

Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

#7 Post by Scruluce » 11 Mar 2019, 14:14

Murder Marathon

Have you unlocked Butcher Jason yet? What's your best streak?
Spoiler
Screenshot_20190311-151237.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

#8 Post by » 11 Mar 2019, 16:54

Man, today's daily puzzle was a doozy. I had to go back to a couple of times before finally solving it. My daily streak is now up to a personal best 9 days in a row.

I haven't done too much of the murder marathon. If I'm playing on my computer, clicking the mouse, i find it really easy to get a big streak going. I am useless on my tablet, though. I can't seem to get more than 3 or 4 in a row.

Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

#9 Post by Scruluce » 12 Mar 2019, 16:13

A² wrote:Man, today's daily puzzle was a doozy. I had to go back to a couple of times before finally solving it. My daily streak is now up to a personal best 9 days in a row.

I haven't done too much of the murder marathon. If I'm playing on my computer, clicking the mouse, i find it really easy to get a big streak going. I am useless on my tablet, though. I can't seem to get more than 3 or 4 in a row.
I'm playing on my Google phone. There's an achievement at 13, then the unlock of Ghost Jason @ 20.
Today's puzzle was tough. I'm determined to get the 13 day streak so I can get that Jason skin/character as well.

I can't help but call this Friday the 13th meets South Park because of the animation style. It's a stronger comparison with the inclusion of the South Park video games.

#10 Post by » 12 Mar 2019, 16:29

Scruluce wrote:
A² wrote:Man, today's daily puzzle was a doozy. I had to go back to a couple of times before finally solving it. My daily streak is now up to a personal best 9 days in a row.

I'm playing on my Google phone. There's an achievement at 13, then the unlock of Ghost Jason @ 20.
Today's puzzle was tough. I'm determined to get the 13 day streak so I can get that Jason skin/character as well.

I can't help but call this Friday the 13th meets South Park because of the animation style. It's a stronger comparison with the inclusion of the South Park video games.
Maybe that's why I like this game, South Park and Friday the 13th are two of my favorites